We are planning to cycle around the coast of the UK carrying everything we need in panniers. We have initially planned a 50km daily distance rule as I am not really a cyclist (although I can ride a bike!) and to be honest I am quite intimidated by the proposed plan - but also quite excited.
I have decided to write a regular blog to record the ups and downs of this journey from the perspective of a reasonably active 52 year old woman who can't have a sprocket conversation with anyone but wants to give cycling a go!
I am raising money for Cancer Research UK



Tuesday 24 March 2015

Amazing Wales!

It is day 24 and so far we have only had 2 full days of heavy all day rain, the other days being cold and overcast, or quite often warm and sunny. The cycling is starting to feel like a slightly normal activity and I suspect I am managing the more gradual of the hills a bit more easily. The coastal scenery has been spectacular and very varied - the adverts on TV promoting Wales as a holiday destination don't prepare you for just how lovely it is along the Welsh coast. The cycling has been predominantly on National Cycle Network paths or quiet 'yellow' roads and this has allowed a calm cycling experience where you can just stop whenever something needs a closer viewing. 
Taken as a whole I have really enjoyed the first 3 weeks of this journey - will be leaving Wales in less than a week, but already have plans to visit here more often in the future.